Sunday, June 18, 2006

Get on board the bandwagon, its the Australian way!

Now, I am no authority on soccer, and have never, and will never claim to be so….however it would seem I am in the minority. Apparently, now that Australia is in the World Cup, the majority of the country is well versed in the round ball game and 'has always liked the game…'.
Well I am calling bullshit and have devised a simple test. 5 questions to ask anyone you see in a Socceroos shirt who a. Isn't ethnic looking or b Has an English accent.
Questions
1. Apart from Kewell and Viduka, name 5 players in the Socceroos squad.
2. What position do these 5 players play?
3. What club in the A League do you follow and who was their top goal scorer last season?
4. Explain the offside rule.
5. Name 3 clubs that Mark Viduka has played for.

Of course there will be many that know their stuff and good on them. But I'll bet my left nut that a huge amount will have no idea past question 1.

Don't get me wrong, I will probably be as sleep deprived as anyone on monday after staying up to watch the Australia v Brazil game...oi oi oi!

1 Comments:

At 8:18 PM , Blogger I Am Man I Am You. said...

I was under the impression that nobody could explain the offside rule, not even the Socceroos.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home