Saturday, November 25, 2006

So it has been a while...

Last couple of weeks have been reasonably eventful and frustrating just enough to make sure that any post I made would have been full of gloom just enough that it could actually push my devoted 2 readers into self harm, so I decided not to put you all through it.

Had my one exam for the semester on the 15th of November. Was a 2 hour exam in which I was finished inside an hour, which is standard for me. I figure that by an hour, I will have either spewed out all I know and answered everything, or I will realise I know nothing, either the second hour is a waste of time in a quiet room. This time around, I did ok I think, so happy days.

It also marked roughly a year since the last time I drank. I was tempted to go out in celebration of this and drink my bodyweight in bourbon, but then I remembered that my own self hatred, which should fuel my desire to write myself off, also fuels my need to go to the gym and punish myself like I owe myself money. Therefore the rational 16th of my brain makes me reason that by drinking, all I am doing is making myself less healthy than I should be, therefore increasing my self hate...which I have at a reasonably manageable level right now I think.

It was my Mothers 60th last monday, so I ventured down the coast to Sleepy Hollow to see her and the old man. I made the mistake of taking themn to lunch at a local pub, which should have been ok, except they are at the point where they don't realise how loud they are speaking to each other when they are arguing over whether Dad should have the steak and peppercorn pie or not as it gave him gas last time and there is no way Mum is watching TV with him filling the lounge with that filth later on.
Mum also has an addiction to poker machines, which is pretty sad, especially as we have to monitor how much money she has on herself at any given time. What is worse is that she won some money that day, which means she would have gone back every day since, trying to emulate her efforts, only to know be worse off than when she started.

Had a job interview on tuesday which went well. Apparently the job is mine once the paperwork is completed and the offer can be made officially, which is pretty sweet. With any luck it will mean no more 12 hour weekend shifts, which can only be a good thing...but also means I will be at home more often, which makes me realise I need a hobby...something that will keep me out of the house for 12 hours on a saturday and sunday should do...

Other than the events reported, not much going on. Have spent a lot of time by myself again, which does my head no good, although I did make some banana muffins the other day which were delightful...I really need to get out more often

7 Comments:

At 2:29 PM , Blogger LaLa said...

It is truly lovely and splendid to have you back.

This 50% of your readership is glad.

Can I have a muffin?

 
At 5:02 PM , Blogger SkinFluteSymphony said...

It is in the post

 
At 6:44 PM , Blogger LaLa said...

What a flagrant display of your wealth, BANANA muffins.

 
At 7:20 PM , Blogger I Am Man I Am You. said...

What's the new job?
Perhaps you could start up some sort of desert making hobby.

 
At 8:37 AM , Blogger SkinFluteSymphony said...

They weren't real bananas...in fact I think they may have been those lolly bananas...

And yes, my new job will involve desert preparation and construction

 
At 9:07 AM , Blogger LaLa said...

mmm. Lolly Banana muffins. Maybe you could make some Milk Bottle Muffins? Or Teeth. Teeth Muffins.

 
At 6:40 AM , Blogger tjo' said...

The other 50% of your readership used to write exams the same way... done in an hour. Anything more than that was a waste of time.

Got any recipes for banana muffins, btw? I'm trying to learn to be domesticated.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home