Saturday, October 21, 2006

Time for some drivel....

Welcome all...

1. The main Tv at home has given up the ghost and now has a purple hue to anything mid screen, coupled with a green border to everything else, however if you turn the colour down, it shows black and white ok, so welcome to 1973 at my place. As for replacing it...yeah, all in good time. Honestly, it doesn't really bother me that much, the sound is still there and the picture is good, just not bright and colourful.
Also, to get a new TV now means you may as well get one that is digital ready or something like that, which means you are looking at the best part of 2k for one...which seriously is hard to justify to me right now. if I got my dream job of TV critic, I would do it in a heartbeat, but as I find nothing on TV right now (aside from Oz, All Saints and Mcleods daughters) worth watching, it is hardly a life and death issue.

2. Went and saw 'The Departed' last night. Top film, particularly if you like violence, corruption, organised crime and violence (yep, I know I said it twice). 2 and a half hours long also, which appeals to the tight arse in me that finds it tough to pay $14 to see a movie gofor not quite an hour and a half. All in all, this movie made me think...

Leonardo DiCaprio...now I use to make a point of avoiding films with him it, which I can now admit was a knee jerk reaction to Titanic, which I never saw, but avoided like AIDS. However with Gangs of New York and now The Departed, it is safe to say he is fulfilling the potential shown as a young fella opposite Kirk Cameron in Growning Pains.

3. I have found myself becoming more of a shut in of late and less sociable than ever...so much so that when i do find myself in a conversation with someone in real life, I look for the quickest way out of it so I can just get away...this can't be healthy. I would go see someone about it, but paying to sit in a chair and talk while some other guy nods just goes against the grain.

4. I think by watching on average 4 episodes of Scrubs a day, I'm not helping my anti social tendencies...but I am broadening my mind...I swear I could get through the first two years of medicine now just on things I have picked up from the show

2 Comments:

At 5:40 PM , Blogger LaLa said...

You know that you are not really a Doctor don't you?

Though I reckon you would look pretty good in a Doctors coat.

 
At 5:49 PM , Blogger SkinFluteSymphony said...

I know I'm not...yet...in some third world countries I could do enough though to be classed as one I reckon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home