Friday, October 06, 2006

Is it really beginning to look a lot like Xmas???

AKA Pet Peeve #45...

Was at a large suburban shopping centre yesterday and went into a store that apparently there is "no other store like..." as my entry from the car park.

I had to ask someone with a paper what the date was, and I was somewhat relieved to see it was still only the 5th of October...you see, my confusion was fuelled by the Xmas decorations that were already in place at this first store, and many others...even in parts of the mall, tinsel and sleigh bells could be seen.

As a self admitted Grinch, seeing Xmas decorations makes me cringe at the best of times...but seriously people October??? Is it not enough that you will gouge money out of the public enough through November and December that you need to crank the Xmas money making machine into gear almost 3 MONTHS out from the event???

Admittedly, I am probably the worst person to be speaking on this....I have afterall made organising my work rosters so as I get to work on the 25th of December an art form, but surely even those of us filled with the most Yuletide spirit imaginable are somewhat bemused at this ridiculously early placing of shopping prompters....thats right, from here on, decorations in a store are shopping prompters.

Bah humbug

7 Comments:

At 6:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah humbug indeed poppet.

I spooted the Christmas Grotto in Dj's in AUGUST.

 
At 9:33 AM , Blogger SkinFluteSymphony said...

damn them....damn them all. August is just straight out ridiculous...

 
At 12:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

New post!

New post!

New post!

 
At 3:54 PM , Blogger SkinFluteSymphony said...

Don't make me think...it is a sunday after all!

 
At 7:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coooooome on. please.

 
At 7:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just did one AND I am hungover!

 
At 7:59 PM , Blogger SkinFluteSymphony said...

Ok ok already...done!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home