Sunday, December 03, 2006

Ok, I guess I had best write something here...

As LaLa is complaining!

Today, Sunday, 3rd of December, 2006, is my last day at EDS, the company that has employed me for the last 5 years, 3 months. It is fair to say that this is far from being a sad occassion, indeed it probably one of the best days in not only my recent history, but probably that of my family.

I kind of got into this job originally through default. After screwing my back up in the Army, they paid for me to study something, as long as it didn't take longer than a year and as long as it was something that wouldn't put any stress on my back. IT was the answer it appeared (this was in 2000, when IT was still an industry with apparent massive growth potential and what not.). Once I finished, I sent out some applications and pretty quickly got a bite from these folks, which at first was a good thing...pretty quickly afterward, I realised I hated IT and everything about it. Fast forward 5 years and I am still here, all be it part time now, and the attitude hasn't changed...but today is an exception...today, is like my rebirth!

I've got a new job, which means I will study part time next year (and probably the year after at least). My new employer is Musashi, which is an Australian based sport supplement/nutrition company (www.musashi.com.au). I'm pretty stoked as it relates to what I have been studying and is in a field I have an actual interest in....plus I get a a company car. JACKPOT!!

Other than this news, not much to report...am still the same cantankerous misery guts as usual, just a little less so today!

10 Comments:

At 2:22 PM , Blogger LaLa said...

Congratulations on the new job, I hope it does not adversely affect your posting.

Do you get to choose your car?

 
At 2:25 PM , Blogger SkinFluteSymphony said...

I don't, but I hear it is going to be a Falcon station wagon, which means I can take my dog to work with me!

 
At 2:44 PM , Blogger LaLa said...

Wow. That is so blokey

 
At 2:45 PM , Blogger LaLa said...

When I get my license I want to buy a Torana. I reckon I would look hott.

 
At 4:30 PM , Blogger SkinFluteSymphony said...

Yes Shazza, you would

 
At 5:12 PM , Blogger LaLa said...

Shut it Bazza

 
At 6:19 PM , Blogger I Am Man I Am You. said...

Congratulations on the job mate. Do you get free product samples?

 
At 6:57 PM , Blogger SkinFluteSymphony said...

I think there will be some of that...which is good cause it will decrease my food bill, which is seriously massive

 
At 2:51 AM , Blogger tjo' said...

Do you get free sword lessons from the boss of this new company?

Congrats on getting out of a job that you didn't like so much, and into a better one that you're stoked about. That's what i call living the dream.

 
At 9:50 PM , Blogger LaLa said...

Enough is enough.

I know you are living the life of Riley (or whatever that expression is that my Grandma says when she wants to talk about someone living it up) now that you are no longer working on the weekends... but I MISS YOU.

Drop by my blog sometime.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home