Tuesday, August 08, 2006

To quote Bob Geldof, I don't like mondays...

and it isn't even like I have to go work or anything...no it is far worse than that...

Mondays is the day that I get to drive across the other side of town (admittedly not that far, this is Adelaide) and go to 'Dance as Education and Recreation' or as I like to call it 'I can't believe I am paying to have this on a transcript'. 3 hours of pointing toes, going in 3 ways at once and then once you have mastered that, bring the arms into it kids! Oh yes...it is grand. Of course the prac teacher for it is an early 20's girl who looks pre teen and can bend herself in highly un natural (although admittedly somewhat intriguing) ways whose first steps were followed by an arabesque and pirouette. Put simply, I was not designed by God to be a dancer...males who are 6'1", weigh around 114 kg should not be expected to bounce around on their toes and be graceful. I don't ask dancing queen if she can come to the gym and do a heavy set or 4 of bench now do i? No, I do not. Not to say I am a statue, I can move alright, in a straight line...otherwise, forget about it.

Of course after the 3 hour debacle, I get to go back into town for a lecture (that the lecturer actually marks a roll at!) between 5.30 and 6.30 on principles of teaching and coaching. Should be called principles of common sense and general knowledge, however if I am to do badly in a subject this semester, it will be this one...I struggle to get motivated for this type of thing cause I start to question why I am there...never a good move.

Thankfully tuesdays are way more in line with how uni is meant to be. A 2 hour tutorial and then home time...much more agreeable

2 Comments:

At 10:17 AM , Blogger LaLa said...

Perhaps you should have a wee dram before you go to "dahnce" class next time. You will at least think you are fabulous!

 
At 4:06 PM , Blogger SkinFluteSymphony said...

The idea has been floated amongst a group of us 'rhythm deficient' that perhaps a schooner or 6 would help proceedings next week...will keep you posted.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home