Saturday, August 05, 2006

I'm not sure exactly why it happened...

or how, but it would seem that for as long as I can remember, friends and acquaintances of mine, male and female, have felt that I would be a great place to tell every secret thought and life issue that they have. It is as though I am like a safety deposit box that can have things put into it, then be locked away till next time. I don't mind it all that much, although sometimes it can get a bit full on and it has happened more than once where I have actually forgotten who has told me what (imagine my embarrassment when speaking to someone later on, almost coming out with someone elses story, thinking I was speaking to that person...the drama!).

Whats funny about it all though, is that I am probably one of the most guarded people around, almost to the point of living like an undercover operative. I rarely give out my home phone number or address and somehow have managed to keep my work world, uni world and home world all pretty much separate. So people tell me stuff about themselves that they wouldn't tell very many others, all the while not knowing anything about me other than what I let on, which invariably isn't much.

I must be seen as being wise and all knowing I guess...

4 Comments:

At 1:05 PM , Blogger LaLa said...

It's funny isn't it? I feel like I know you very well and yet, I don't even know your real name or if I have ever met you. Being that we both lived in Toowoomba, it is highly likely I have.

 
At 2:12 PM , Blogger SkinFluteSymphony said...

Yeah, exactly...but the anonymity that the net provides is pretty good like that.

I only lived in Toowoomba for around 6 months and was pretty drunk a lot of the time...could often be found at either Tatts, the court house and the occasional journey to Rumours (I think that was its name...)...that was in early 1999.

JT may have a better idea if we have met in person...

 
At 4:40 PM , Blogger LaLa said...

My God. Rumours. Rumours International. And Tatts. And The Courty.

I once dislocated my thumb becuase I went up onstage to request a song at Rumours (probably "Things Can Only Get Better by D:REAM) and accidentally walked off the stage instead of using the stairs.

So yeah, I was pretty drunk most of the time too.

 
At 5:54 PM , Blogger SkinFluteSymphony said...

hahahaha....good chance we have met then!!

Greatest night at Tatts was the time I was there at around 5pm on a saturday with a guy whose name escapes me, I had $20 on me, including 4 $1 coins. I puth them in a pokie to mainly get rid of them, but also in the vain hope I would win a few bucks. I pressed a couple of buttons, the machine went crazy, I won $250.

When I woke up the next day, I had less than $30 left. Am pretty sure I dropped a fair bit of that at Rumours International...

Good times!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home