Sunday, July 30, 2006

In my next life, I want to be a hot female...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,19951319-2,00.html

Before I start let me say that so far, Jennifer Hawkins has done nothing completely abhorrent to society in general and although she is a bit of a black hole of charisma on the Great Outdoors (not only does she lack charisma herself, but she manages to suck the charisma from those around her), she isn't the worst TV presenter ever by a long way. She seems like a nice enough girl and good luck to her....

But...

If Jennifer was a few inches shorter, a few kgs heavier and perhaps had a less than perfect complexion, but was lets say, a Doctor working to find cures for cancer, or finding ways to enhance crop development in arid lands, therefore helping solve the third world hunger issue, would she be worth anywhere near as much as she is by parading frocks and having the horrible job of checking out holiday locations??

I know that in life we have to go with the gifts that our parents gave us genetically and all, but is it not kind of strange that as a society we seem to value a woman who, although seemingly perfectly nice, is really not doing much other than provide eye candy, compared to others that are trying to ultimately improve the lives of many?

That said, at least Ms Hawkins (that was almost like I was a real journalist then) is working somewhat for her fortune...it would be easy for her to sit back and do not much...yes, she could be another victim of 'prettygirlitis'....

Prettygirlitis is the syndrome that seems to afflict many very attractive women where as a result of always being told how beautiful they are and having males fawn over them since they were old enough to be fawned over, they develop the cunning side of the female brain (males don't have this!) and learn to milk the genorosity (or stupidity) of every male they come in contact with throughout their lives, never having to do very much but living very well. As I am neither genorous or stupid, I only go for not so attractive (sometimes downright ugly) females.

4 Comments:

At 2:27 PM , Blogger I Am Man I Am You. said...

Are you thinking about the same girl I'm thinking about when referring to "prettygirlitis"?

 
At 4:20 PM , Blogger SkinFluteSymphony said...

hahahahaha....although it hadn't occurred to me at first writing, I can definitely use her as an example of the affliction

 
At 10:16 PM , Blogger LaLa said...

You know, if you are just gonna talk about me like this....

 
At 9:11 AM , Blogger SkinFluteSymphony said...

sorry....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home