Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Strange place I find myself in...

I am the first to admit I have an addiction to going to the gym. In the last 12 years, I wouldn't have had more than a month off at a time from going and I would probably be there 4-5 times a week. I do love it and it is the one activity I still do that keeps me relatively even keeled. However...

I find a large number of people that go to my current gym to be total arse clowns. There is an element at my current gym that I like to call the watermelon carriers...as in walk around like carrying watermelons under each arm. Guys that seem to look into a mirror and see something that no one else sees...ie that they are huge and look awesome. There are a handful of truly big dudes at this gym and they are on the whole pretty good guys. They go to the gym, they train hard and they go home and eat, do drugs and beat small animals, but each to their own. The ones I really don't like typically are shorter than average and really not much bigger than average. Standard wear seems to be a t shirt stolen from your little brother, or perhaps sister, coupled with a bandana (seriously, a bandana). They grunt while lifting relatively nothing and make as big of a scene as possible, then some of them even get the shirts off after they have trained and go pose in the aerobics room mirrors for 20 minutes. I once commented that it looked like a world vision commercial in there...that didn't go over very well.

Needless to say, these people shit me to tears and make me want to open my own gym with a no dickheads policy...sadly, it would go out of business very quickly as my standards may well be too high.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home